Monday, December 13, 2010

Location, Location, Location

Over the last few months, we've discussed several topics on here on Fridays. Erogenous zones. Granny panties. The two things your man desires. What happens when he falls off his pedestal. And more. My prayer for this whole thing is that the women reading this series will be encouraged to have fun in the bedroom.

In the bedroom.

I don't know about you, but when I think of sex, the first place that comes to mind is the bedroom. And the truth is, the bedroom is a fine place for sex. There's a lock on the door and it's close to a bathroom. It's safe and comfy and hopefully we've all worked hard to make our bedrooms into our own personal Love Shacks.

But sometimes, the sameness and routine of the bedroom can be a little boring. When that happens, I suggest a change of venue.

First, let me give credit where credit is due. I stole this idea from Solomon's Beloved in the Bible. In Song of Solomon 7, she playfully introduces the idea of the outdoors to her husband, telling him in no uncertain terms that she wants to frolic in the vineyards.

 11 Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside,
       let us spend the night in the villages. [b]

 12 Let us go early to the vineyards
       to see if the vines have budded,
       if their blossoms have opened,
       and if the pomegranates are in bloom—
       there I will give you my love."


If you have a vineyard, GREAT. But for those of us who don't, let's get creative.

My challenge for you this week is to think outside the bedroom. Find a place, indoors or outdoors, that you normally wouldn't associate with sex and have fun! The change of scenery, the risk of getting caught, and the spontaneity should make for an exhilarating experience. And even if it doesn't at least you'll have a new memory.

Are you brave enough to take the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment